The future of fashion is now. Creative designs, sustainable sourcing and production, respect for our planet and its inhabitants — at Wolven, we’re committed to changing the game. When we say we want to Make Sustainability Sexy, we truly mean it. We are a team of artists and activists, working to erase the negative footprints on our earth. Our efforts include our sustainable methods of production, sourcing, the use of recycled materials, and carbon-offset initiatives. We believe that a collective effort of sustainability has the ability to change the trajectory towards a healthier, more verdant planet. See? Sexy. For more information please visit on Instagram at @wolven and online at www.wolventhreads.com.
The Wolven team is tiny, yet mighty. Our most successful team members are self-motivated and driven towards creating growth. The nature of a lean team means that every individual’s work matters that much more. We are a driven group that is motivated to take the company to the next level. It's our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible trail blazers who thrive in a fast-paced work environment and are eager to work collaboratively.
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At Wolven we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, which is what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day. We are a small team and you are expected to bring a positive mindset and driven attitude to each day.
The Marketing Director role:
The Marketing Director will be instrumental to the development of Wolven during a high-growth period — this includes building, leading, and coaching a high performing team, driving best-in-class sales and assisting the brand’s founders in creating a profitable business model for scale. This role reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, yet other duties may be assigned. As a small team, working at Wolven means being willing to step outside of your job description.
- Work closely with company’s founders to optimize all segments of our omnichannel marketing strategy and grow the brand
- Develop and deliver annual business plan for the marketplace on volume, distribution
- Development of DTC media strategies
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across all paid media platforms and agency partners
- Establish Volume/KPI targets and appropriately manage the execution of these monthly KPIs, including but is not limited to: feedback/coaching, corrective counseling, and performance reviews
- Help build a diverse organization that reflects the marketplace, lives to our values, and inspires team through effective leadership
- Work collaboratively across the organization and share best practices with the Sales, Finance and Operations Teams; must be a major contributor/leader across our organization
- Manage Operating Expense (OPEX) for the marketplace in line with annual business plan volume targets
- Develop and execute an inspiring vision for direct to consumer digital commerce
- Own the P&L for the business
- Oversee and grow a cross functional team, manage team structure & staffing levels team culture and growth and development
- Expand the brand profitably through innovative methods (contribution margin, new product development, etc.)
- Increase distribution and sales of product line utilizing innovative marketing and sales strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Business related field
- MBA strongly preferred
- Proven experience impacting rapid growth of an entrepreneurial or startup company
- Functional Experience: Experience managing marketing in Ecommerce, D2C (apparel preferred)
- Proven track record of extending customer lifetime value / retention marketing
- Hands on media buying experience (Facebook, Google Search, Google Shopping, Google Display, YouTube, TikTok, Snapchat)
- In-depth understanding of e-mail and SMS marketing
- Success in scaling a startup
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience using internal and external data sources
- Strong understanding of multi-touch attribution
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated
Los Angeles based applicants only.
Wolven Threads, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, protected Veterans and Individual with Disabilities.