Natural Sugar Free Fruit Rolls-Ups
If you grew up in the United States, fruit roll-ups were probably part of your childhood. I remember wrapping them around my finger, licking them off until my finger turned raw and sticky. However, these sweet treats are filled with chemicals, artificial food coloring and high fructose corn syrup. In fact, most don’t even have any actual fruit in them. This is what fuels childhood ADHD, diabetes, obesity and other issues that are rampant today.
So I made it my mission to recreate natural fruit roll-ups without any added sugar.
As you can see, my mission was accomplished.
This is a super simple recipe that doesn’t actually require a food dehydrator, though you can use one to keep it raw vegan, as I did.
It’s the perfect recipe to give candy-loving kids to fuel their sweet teeth the plant-based way.
To make it sugar-free, I used Lakanto sweetener, which is made out of monk fruit. It has no impact on your blood sugar levels, nor does it feed Candida yeast overgrowth or attribute to weight-gain. You can purchase it here using the promo code SAHARA for 20% off your order.
I used frozen organic strawberries from Trader Joe’s, but you could use any type of fresh or frozen berries. If using frozen, just let it first thaw out first.
This treat is:
- Super low in calories (it’s just strawberries)
- Low in sugar
- Raw vegan (if using a dehydrator)
- Kiddie approved!
- 32 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed (2 pounds)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp Lakanto classic sweetener (Use my person code SAHARA for 20% off.)
- If using an oven, preheat oven to 170 degrees Fahrenheit. If using a dehydrator, turn it on to 115 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture over parchment paper and spread evenly in a circle.
- Dehydrate for 12 hours or until no longer sticky or bake 6-7 hours, touching periodically.
- Remove and allow cool. Cut up into strips (or wrap around your finger) and enjoy!