The nations capital located between the busy streets of metropolitan Maryland and Virginia; Washington D.C. holds an array of activities that our wolf pack can indulge in. From the unique neighborhoods, and immense culture, here is a list of some of our favorite spots in the district that will leave an everlasting impression on what our nations capital has to offer!
- Located in the beautifully quaint neighborhood of Georgetown, Chaia blends artisanal flavors from Mexican cooking with a unique mixture between farmers and urban street food. Come for the plant-based tacos, natural drinks with a stylish and casual ambience. Georgetown is also home for its picturesque walk down its Waterfront Park and lively night life.
- Inspired by middle eastern vegan sandwiches, dips and more, Shouk is your go-to spot for our vegan friendly appetite. Shouk, meaning “a modern eatery & market offering a new take on comfort food,” is a fast pace environment where you can get your post yoga munchies to-go.
- Known as one of Washington D.C.’s largest indoor live music venue and nightclub, Echostage will fulfill your festival withdrawal. Located near the United States National Arboretum, Echostage is live with entertainment like, Diplo, Meek Mill, & Kid Cudi. The entertainment will get you pumped for music festival season next summer! To get you ready for your fall concert list check out our matching sets!
- Music venue off of U st, Black Cat is your go-to place for indie/rock/alternative live music that also has a vegan friendly bar & café located inside. The Black Cat is located near trendy, local restaurants and a killer night life.
- Want a slow and casual night in the city? Gypsy Sally’s located near the Georgetown waterfront is your spot for intimate bluegrass music, and beer. Stroll down the cobble roads of Georgetown’s quaint streets and down the C & O canal, you won’t regret those relaxing nights and soaking in the beauty of Washington D.C.
- Hosted each year, DC Veg Fest is a free vegan festival where you can discover the latest brands giving out free samples, listen in on speakers, see and meet chefs or even volunteer!
- This is a bit of a trek, but if you’re down for music, art, technology, and nature all in one… head north towards Colombia, Maryland for a free event called Opus 1 at the Merriweather Post Pavilion. If you’re having deep festival withdrawal this may be your closest chance to soak in the art and music in the deep enchanting woods. As fall is heading towards D.C. this October, pick out your favorite leggings to wear at Opus 1!
- If you’re up for a little adventure right outside the busy city, make your way to Great Falls Park right outside Washington D.C. in McLean, Virginia. Great Falls is a small national park with nature trails leading up to the beautiful water fall along the Potomac River. It’s a great way to get away from the bustling streets for a little bit of meditation and tranquility.