Vegan Breakfast Balls
Good morning party peopleeee! Happy brand new week! For today's Meatless Monday post, I thought, "Why not give the people what they really need on a Monday? . . .a POWER supply." We could turn THIS recipe into a Meatless Morning gig, every day of the week. Especially for humans who are already on-the-go during those wee hours of the morning. So where's this extra boost coming from, you ask? (In the lowest, most serious sounding voice) From These Vegan Chocolate Breakfast Balls . . .
Bon Scott ain't got NOTHIN' on these bad boys. They may be small, but they're PACKED with plant based power. Each of these little guys carries a 4.5 grams of Protein and 7.5% Iron. If you eat them for breakfast or as snacks throughout the day, I recommend taking in at least 3 total. That leaves you with 13.5 grams of Protein and 22.5% Iron.
What's In Them?
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup seedless raisins
- 9 pitted dates
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1/3 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable protein crumbles (This is optional and don't freak out, it's not where all the good stuff comes from. There's still PLENTY of Protein and Iron without this ingredient)
How Are They Made?
- Blend all of the ingredients in a large blender
- Scoop the mixture out of the blender (as it becomes sticky), and pile onto a large plate. If it looks like a big pile of S*%# . . . you're on the right track :)
- Now wash your hands and get to rollin! The ingredients listed make 9 good size balls.
All that's left to do now is enjoy those chocolate, coco-nutty dumplings and get on with your day! If you've ever wondered how to make your own granola bars/balls in the past . . . I recommend giving these a try and then experimenting on your own with similar ingredients. You can add or take away things to change the flavors as you'd prefer. Plus, they're super easy and fun to make! Until next time, Ta Ta!
With love and compassion,