Meatless Monday: Superfood Coconut Parfait
Food isn’t just medicine. It’s also art. I created this recipe to merge the best of both worlds.
With creamy layers of coconut yogurt, flavored with vibrant superfoods and non-glycemic monkfruit sweetener, this is the recipe of my pastel dreams.
Maqui is a berry found in Chile with ample benefits. They are:
- Anti-bacterial/ antiviral
- Boost Metabolism
- Aid in weight-loss
- Treat diabetes
- Aid digestion
- Heal kidney-related issues
- Extend lifespan
They are what give this recipe a gorgeous purple hue.
Blue spirulina is the turquoise layer. Spirulina has ample benefits, including:
- Highest food in protein on planet on a per-weight basis
- High in iron, making it perfect for vegans
- Rich in trace minerals that our soil is deplted in
- Aid digestion
- Cleanse system
- Eliminates cravings
- Kills Candida yeast overgrowth and excess bad bacteria
- Heal liver toxicity
- Enhances skin’s glow
As if it isn’t doing enough.
Paired together, this makes one deliciously healthy recipe that puts pharmaceuticals (and art museums to shame).
This recipe is actually quite simple and only requires that you create two bowls with the mixtures and layer them together.
Sahara’s Superfood Layered Coconut Parfait
- 4 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp maqui
- 2 tsp blue spirulina
- 2 tsp Lakanto classic monkfruit sweetener (order with code SAHARA for discount)
- 4 strawerries, sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tbsp granola
- In one bowl, combine 1 cup coconut yogurt with 2 tsp maqui and 1 tsp ( Lakanto | www.Lakanto.com) or your choice sweetener
- In another bowl, combine 1 cup coconut yogurt with 2 tsp blue spirulina.
- Layer the bottom of a mason jar with half of the maqui coconut yogurt mixture.
- Add a layer of the blue spirulina mixture on top.
- Press chopped strawberries on the sides of the jar and add a layer of maqui mixture behind it to hold the strawberries up against the sides of the jar so they are seen from the outside
- Add a final layer of the blue spirulina mixture on top
- Sprinkle on the fresh blueberries and 2 tbsp granola
- Take lots of pictures for your Instagram and enjoy the most beautiful and healthy thing you've ever eaten!
Be sure to check out more of Sahara's delicious recipes at her blog Eat Feel Fresh!
Sahara Rose is your mind-boy healer. She's an Ayurvedic/ Holistic/ Sports Nutritionist and the upcoming author of "The Idiot's Guide to Ayurveda." She teaches workshops around the world on how to eat right for your mind-body type and sacred self-care, including the upcoming Movement is Medicine Retreat in Costa Rica (register at movementismedicineretreat.com). Discover your unique mind-body type and find the best foods for your digestive system, mental characteristics and more on her website www.eatfeelfresh.com, and for daily recipes and healing inspiration, follow her on Instagram @eatfeelfresh